Technology Belief Statements and Goals
Education in the 21st Century is dynamically changing environment. Our children need a wide variety of skills to learn and excel in today’s world: flexible creativity, diverse collaboration, dynamic communication, and other skills. St. Stephens Lutheran School is committed to equipping students with these 21st century skills as we seek to meet our mission of nurturing and training students to develop their God-given gifts, to excel academically, and to live their faith with others.
Technology Belief Statements
- Technology is becoming an increasingly critical part of the learning experience and curriculum delivery as well as meeting the mission of the school.
- Technology is changing the way teachers and students interact with each other.
- We desire that teachers know fully how the wise use of technology can be used to enrich the learning experience.
- Technology is expanding the classroom experience beyond traditional time and space limits.
- Students are "wired" differently today and technology enables us respond more effectively to learner needs.
- As Christians it is critical that we continue to teach students discernment and ethical use of technology.
- We live in a visual society and we need to teach students to use technology effectively so they can be "salt and light" in the world.
- A common level of accessibility to technology is essential for students, teachers, and parents.
- We need to continue to teach technological literacy and continue to evaluate what that means as new technologies emerge and old technology becomes obsolete.
- Equip students to use technology to impact the world for Christ.
- Teach students Christian discernment and the legal and ethical use of technology.
- Provide multiple learning experiences (both online and face-to-face) linked to the aligned curriculum.
- Improve the quality of student learning and academic achievement as they develop a new set of knowledge and skills for the future world of work.
- Provide greater access to educational opportunities, formative assessments, and differentiated instruction by providing access to iPads for students for anytime, anywhere learning.
- Improve communication and widen our sense of community by expanding the way teachers, students, and parents are able to interact with each other.
- Equip students to be life-long learners.
- Provide staff development and training for our teachers to utilize technology to support the learning process at all levels and incorporate multiple assessments to support student learning.