Greetings in the name of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
Thank you for your inquiry expressing interest in our Christian education program. Our school’s mission statement embodies our commitment to sharing God’s love to children in the midst of a quality academic program:
St. Stephens Lutheran School, in partnership with parents, glorifies God by nurturing and training students to develop their God-given gifts, to excel academically, and to live their faith with others.
In support of this mission, our school requires us to provide a relevant and comprehensive curriculum for all students, in an environment that provides respect, nurture, and care as evidence of our Christian faith. Encompassed in our mission is the challenge for continued innovation in teaching, improvement in our school, maintenance of a positive home and school partnership, and the fostering of Christian values and morals for responsible decision-making and service in our students.
Our school is a Lutheran school. As Lutherans, we believe:
- The triune God, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (three persons, but one God) is the only true God.
- God the Father created all things and continues to preserve them.
- The Bible is God’s Word and the only true source that shows God’s will.
- Sin exists in every person and therefore every person needs to hear the good news of Jesus, our Savior.
- Jesus is the true Son of God who came to earth to take our place under the law, that he lived a perfect life, died for
our sins and was raised again and intercedes for us in heaven. He is the only way to heaven.
- The Holy Spirit alone works faith in our hearts and only through the grace of God (not by what we do) we are
saved from eternal hell. The Holy Spirit grants daily forgiveness of sins and blesses us with many gifts to serve
God in his kingdom.
- Baptism and the Lord’s Supper (Communion) are means of grace by which God offers people his saving grace.
Through them and through the sharing of God’s word, God gives forgiveness of sins and eternal life.
We not only ask our teachers to believe and teach these truths, but we also ask our teachers to live these truths and give a witness of their faith in every part of the school day and in their personal life.
We believe that serving in a Lutheran School is a special privilege. It carries with it awesome responsibilities because it involves matters of the soul with implications for eternity. A vital part of fulfilling our mission is our search for the best-qualified Christian teachers to lead our children in the adventure of learning. Your completed application will make you a part of that search.
To help facilitate our teacher selection process, we ask you to complete the enclosed forms as follows:
Please complete the application (3 pages) and submit it to the school office. You are invited to add or attach any other information that may assist in our evaluation. An attached resume should not substitute for completion of this form. This form will provide us with the accurate and up-to-date information we need to make an informed decision.
Thank you again for your interest in Christian education. We are confident that God directs our actions and decisions and that He will provide a teacher in His time and manner.